The Hills Veterinary Centre cares about the well-being of our patients, clients and staff. We naturally maintain very high standards of cleanliness and disinfection in our clinic and we want to take this time to reassure you that we:
- Have implemented even stricter cleaning, disinfection and hand hygiene policies, on top of our already gold-standard practices
- Have upgraded to a policy of alcohol-based hand-sanitiser before and after every patient and client interaction
- Are providing hand sanitiser at reception, in the waiting room & in all consultation rooms for our clients to use
- Are continually updating our policies & protocols daily, as new developments arise
Considering this, we would ask that you please consider the health and safety of our staff & other clients. Unfortunately for the veterinary industry we are unable to close the office and work from home.
We ask that you please phone us to advise if you are unwell, have tested positive, or are in self isolation, and stay home!!! We are more than happy to have a discussion with you over the phone in regards to your pet, their condition and whether or not it is a matter of urgency.
You may ask a family member or friend to bring your pet to the clinic on your behalf. This includes all cattery admits and discharges.
If you are well and do come into the clinic to see us, please:
- Respect our policy to restrict unnecessary contact (no hand shaking)
- Maintain a 2 meter distance between yourself and other clients / staff
- Stand back from the counter
- If you need to sneeze or cough, please ensure you cover your mouth and nose with your elbow and don't wipe your hands on anything
- Refrain from bringing children with you (where possible) as the less people in contact with everyone, the better
What else are we doing to protect our clients and staff members?
- We are now offering telephone consultations with owners (depending on the severity of the illness), please phone to enquire on 8278 4147
- If you do need to come in to collect food, worming/flea treatments or any repeat medications for your pet, we ask that you please phone the clinic first so we can prepare the items prior to your arrival (we are happy to bring the items out to your car too!)
- We are able to take eftpos payments over the phone to reduce your time spent in reception
- We have placed restrictions of 1 person per patient in the clinic to protect your family and our staff members
- If you would like, we welcome you to wait in the car for your appointment, you may phone us on arrival and we will let you know when the vet is ready to take you straight through to the consultation room
- We can no longer allow owners to take their cats down to the cattery, or come down and collect them. The nurses on reception are more than happy to do this for you. If you phone us to let us know you are coming down we can bring your cat upstairs and have them ready for you, we also recommend paying over the phone prior to your arrival as well. We are more than happy to bring your cat out to the car for you as well, so you don’t have to enter the building at all
COVID-19 and animals
At this stage, there is no evidence that companion animals & pets such ad dogs & cats can be infected with the new coronavirus. However, it is always a good idea to wash your hands with soap and water after any contact with your pet. This will also protect you from other zoonotic diseases (diseases which can be passed from human to pet), such as E. Coli & Salmonella.
We understand the stressful impact on everyone during the surreal and uncertain time ahead, and we appreciate your patience and understanding with all of the above. Overall, please be mindful of the risk you pose to not only yourself, but to others, support each other and continue to educate yourselves.
The Team at Hills Veterinary Centre
Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us on 8278 4147.